Let’s celebrate, share, and explore the fabulous world of children’s bedrooms! Yep, everything kid bedrooms is here, from decor ideas to cool kid wall art to organization and activities.
I’m Jeanette, kid, design, and decor enthusiast, sometime artist and writer, and
This is what my bedroom was all about when I was a kid:
- Rearranging my furniture every few months to give my room a fresh look.
- Singing terribly and making up little dances as I played records.
- The secret knock on the wall that my sister and I shared to signal one of us to sneak into the other’s bedroom after we were supposed to be asleep.
- Reading under the covers.
- Plastering the walls with posters.
- Moving everything out of my closet so I could make a nest of comforters complete with tiny black and white TV and snacks.
- Begging, pleading with my dogs to come hang out on my bed.
- Filling photo albums with stickers.
- Arranging Smurf figurines on my shelf.
- Diaries hidden in secret places.
- Painting on my closet doors.
- Sleepovers with friends, whispering, giggling, more snacks, talking abut cute boys.
- Closing my door and hiding away from the world to cry out whatever I needed to work through.
- So much homework.
- So many great books.
- Ultimately, being able to indulge my introvert self, recharge, feel safe, and to figure out who I was and who I wanted to become.
I find the whole idea of kid’s rooms to be magical and filled with as much story, characters, plot, twists, symbolism, and excitement as any book I’ve read.
If you are a parent looking for ideas to make your children’s rooms perfect havens of comfort and design, or you’re a teenager looking for the best way to hang your fairy lights, I got you covered, kid room fam.
Have a look around, explore the categories, drop me a comment in any post, or email me if you wanna chat.